Monday 18 May 2009

May 2009


May 2009
I’ve had some very interesting contacts this year - photographers, promoters, media. Perhaps that’s what this year is about for me?

Music, film and event photography
I covered a fashion party at the Corinthian Glasgow, which was fun the same day as I met a magazine guy and had an interesting chat. I’ve had images picked up for a wide variety of things – maps, magazines, press. I've had interest from an Arts agency – and been asked to take stills for a movie which sounds fun. It is all quite a strange business in a way.

It is all hugely competitive though and there seems to be loads more music photographers out there than say when I shot images of Patrick Watson at King Tuts in 2007, and I was the only shooter there! – great gig btw. Music photography is about the art of photography for me.

A few years back I read about Paul MacCartney’s tour photographer and how he got a lucky break being in the right place at the right time. I never thought I could ever aspire to this. I check others work and think I can match what they are doing. Sometimes it feels like this dream might be possible. Whatever – I can combine my love of art with my music. I regret not following my passion for art and now I can so I’m grateful for these opportunities. 

I was at a wonderful gig at the Tall Ship last week - the weather was blowing a gale outside but inside was a warm and cosy venue of music.
Please get in touch if you like my work and would like me to cover your event or take portrait or promotional shots – a lot of thought and care goes into my photos and I hope you enjoy them.